The inspiration behind Mountain Madness Tours
Hi, I'm Ben Johnson, your driver, owner and operator of Mountain Madness Tours.
I'm originally from Australia, and have traveled around the UK and Europe for a couple of years. During my travels, I met some amazing people who got the most out of life, and lived the dream, whenever they could. We managed to go on many adventures in the mountains, and I immediately fell in love with this way of living.
Some of the adventures we went on were:
- Skiing and ice climbing in Zermatt, Switzerland, and climbed the Matterhorn (4477m).
- Climbed Mt Elbrus in Russia, the highest mountain in Europe (5642m).
- Bike riding trip in the French Alps, up some famous Tour de France mountains.
- Climbed Aconcagua in Argentina, South America's highest mountain, and the highest mountain outside Asia (6962m).
- Rock climbing and mountain biking near Chamonix in the French Alps, and climbed Mt Blanc, the highest mountain in the Alps (4810m).
- Climbing, hiking and mountain biking in the Dolomites, in Northern Italy.
- Rock climbing in Thailand.
We also visited many spectacular locations in France, Iceland and Norway.
After all the travelling in Europe, it was time for some adventures in the legendary Canadian Rocky Mountains, and I found myself here in Edmonton. In an attempt to continue living the dream, I've been going to the mountains around Jasper, Banff and Canmore, as much as possible.
A common theme during all our adventures was; 'How do you get yourself and a group of friends to these spectacular locations, with a minimum of fuss, maximum flexibility, and still be in control of your own adventure?'.
I figured there should be a service that was able to help small groups organize and supply transport for thier custom adventures. This was the inspiration behind Mountain Madness Tours.
Check out some photos of my previous adventures below that inspired Mountain Madness Tours.